“I believe in professional integrity, diligence, craftsmanship, customer focussed service, teamwork and common sense.”
Eddie Shanahan – Consultant
- Provides enterprise development services to a portfolio of Irish and international clients including SMEs, state agencies, blue chip corporations and emerging talent.
- Chairperson of the Council of Irish Fashion Designers.
- Develops business and product development programs for designers, makers & retailers in craft, fashion and homewares categories.
- Assists designers and retailers in the fashion, accessories, footwear and home wares sectors to source quality production in some of Europe’s leading production facilities.
- Delivers business development programs for retailers including sourcing, marketing and customer service modules
- Developed the CREATE Project with Brown Thomas to identify Irish design talent with the potential to sell in Ireland’s premier store.
- Member of the National Design Forum.
- Extensive experience as a producer of innovative fashion shows and photo shoots in Ireland and internationally.
- Regularly contributes to news and lifestyle programs on national radio and television.
- Former Board member of Leitrim Design House (10 years) and Design & Crafts Council, Ireland (4 years).
Product Development , Sourcing & Branding
Product development support from concept to consumer facing proposition including materials & production sourcing, branding, presentation and promotional strategies for the fashion, home wares and craft industries.
Full collection and range development support including product development, materials & production sourcing, branding and retail strategy for fashion and accessories designers.
Marketing & promotion, customer service, product sourcing support, store layout & merchandising strategies.
Education & Local Development Programs
Product & business development, branding, customer service programs for local or national networks, business & trade organisations. Guest lectures, workshops & seminars for businesses and vocational colleges.
Production & Event Management
Full production services for fashion shows, fashion & product photography and trade presentations.
Producer & Director, CIFD Digital Collections Show
CREATE developed with Brown Thomas
‘Feedback from your modules was absolutely great. We get all participants to complete an evaluation after each module and you got top marks ijn all areas from all participants. The word ‘fantastic’ sat side by side with ‘relevant’, which doesn’t happen often.’Training Manager, Irish bluechip corporation
This was one of the most challenging and time-consuming events we have ever worked on. It has been our pleasure to work with you. Your accessibility and decisiveness were greatly appreciated and helped make our jobs easier.’Events Team Manager, state agency
‘We really appreciated your sessions, they were gold to us.’Director, Irish menswear brand
‘I will forever be thankful for your positive and on-going encouragement. You may not realise but the original e-mail I sent you was on Good Friday and what a GREAT Friday that turned out to be!’Miriam Cushen, Cushendale
‘Thank you so much for the amazing talk yesterday….it was top of the list of all the classes I have had. I went home last night with so much information. Thanks for the encouragement and bringing back the love.’Student, IBEC Retail Degree Program @LYIT
‘Thank you so much for mentoring us, it was really great working with you. You opened our eyes to many things and we feel much more confident now in what we have to offer thanks to your advice and very good sense.’Footwear designer/management team
‘It really was a world class show and I am so proud that I was part of it!. In all my years of being on stage I don’t think I was ever so nervous, excited and proud to be part of something!.’Caterina Coyne, Fashion Designer & former lead dancer Riverdance
‘I attended your workshop in Galway yesterday, and it was a pleasure to be the beneficiary of your vast knowledge and experience. Your presentation was full of valuable content, and I particularly enjoyed your many cultural references which were rich in their imagery.’Lecturer GMIT, Letterfrack
‘Thanks Eddie ! It was brilliant , I’m in amazement that you all managed to make the show so enjoyable and so well organised, it was a brilliant night!’Richard Malone, Designer
‘Eddie’s mentoring and running the workshop enriched me in many ways, I did not even expect. There is so much that I’m going to take along the way that one simple Thank You is just not enough.’Irish craft maker
‘I just wanted to write to thank you for the three workshops and to tell you how worthwhile and relevant I found them. You have definitely developed your craft to the point of awesome!’Ceramics & jewellery designe