“I believe in professional integrity, diligence, craftsmanship, customer focussed service, teamwork and common sense.”
Eddie Shanahan – Consultant
- Provides enterprise development services to a portfolio of Irish and international clients including SMEs, state agencies, blue chip corporations and emerging talent.
- Chairperson of the Council of Irish Fashion Designers.
- Develops business and product development programs for designers, makers & retailers in craft, fashion and homewares categories.
- Assists designers and retailers in the fashion, accessories, footwear and home wares sectors to source quality production in some of Europe’s leading production facilities.
- Delivers business development programs for retailers including sourcing, marketing and customer service modules.
- Guest lecturer on Retail Ireland Skillnet Retail Management Degree and Retail Apprenticeship Programs at LYIT.
- Member of the National Design Forum.
- Developed the CREATE Project with Brown Thomas to identify Irish design talent with the potential to sell in Ireland’s premier store.
- Extensive experience as a producer of innovative fashion shows and photo shoots in Ireland and internationally.
- Regularly contributes to news and lifestyle programs on national radio and television.
- Former Board member of Leitrim Design House (10 years) and Design & Crafts Council, Ireland (4 years).
Product Development , Sourcing & Branding
Product development support from concept to consumer facing proposition including materials & production sourcing, branding, presentation and promotional strategies for the fashion, home wares and craft industries.
Full collection and range development support including product development, materials & production sourcing, branding and retail strategy for fashion and accessories designers.
Marketing & promotion, customer service, product sourcing support, store layout & merchandising strategies.
Education & Local Development Programs
Product & business development, branding, customer service programs for local or national networks, business & trade organisations. Guest lectures, workshops & seminars for businesses and vocational colleges.
Production & Event Management
Full production services for fashion shows, fashion & product photography and trade presentations.
CONVERGENCE – creator of design & craft collaboration between CIFD and DCCOI clients.
‘….feedback from your modules was absolutely great. We get all participants to complete an evaluation after each module anfd you got top marks in all areas from all participants. The word ‘fantastic’ sat side by side with ‘relevant’… which doesn’t often happen’.Training Manager at a Major Irish Corporation
‘I just wanted to write to thank you for the three workshops and to tell you how worthwhile and relevant I found them. You have definitely ‘developed your craft to the point of awesome!’Ceramics Designer
‘Thank you so much for mentoring us, it was really great working with you. You opened our eyes to many things and we feel much more confident now in what we have to offer thanks to your advice and very good sense.’Footwear Designer
‘I attended your workshop in Galway yesterday, and it was a pleasure to be the beneficiary of your vast knowledge and experience. Your presentation was full of valuable content, and I particularly enjoyed your many cultural references which were rich in their imagery.’Lecturer GMIT